Our feelings about Canada - country of positive people
Canada delighted us and we only spent here 2 weeks. But within these 14 days we met absolutely amazing people and visited beautiful places. And thanks to all these experiences are our feelings about Canada more than positive and we hope to be able to visit Canada once again in the future, either during our trip around the world or another occasion. We wanted to stay longer but our stay in Canada was counted to our ESTA so we had to leave so early, we had no other option.
Infrastructure and transportation
- Infrastructure is on a great level..
- As for the transportation buses are much cheaper than trains. Paradoxically there is not a big competition and the only thing we would point out negatively to transportation are their services. For instance comparing with transportation in South America where bus transport and its services were much better, they have a lot to improve in Canada. On the other hand it is super easy to find connections basically anywhere and get there smoothly.
- Besides bus and train transportation it is also possible to use rideshare services, e.g. going with someone and pay for the ride. The best website to search for carpools and rideshares in Canada is definitely Kijiji.
- Canada is a very safe country. Safety can be compared to Europe and we felt here a lot safer than in the USA where almost everyone has a gun and wears it in public and guns can be bought basically anywhere.
- People in Canada are very polite, nice, helpful and educated. They have very healthy oppinions , general knowledge and good sense of humor. It was simply a joy to talk with them about anything. Canadians also seem to be pacifist in the best way of thinking and telling.
- Canadians also seemed to be generally more satisfied, there are quite few homeless people and they also have some social and health security systems like us.
Food and drinks
- Compared with the USA there was better choice of good and healthier food in Canada.
- Food and drinks here are a bit cheaper than in the USA.
- The best titbit is of course their maple syrup we tried several times.
- In Canada you can also buy a really good beer, mainly in Montreal, which was a really nice surprise for us after a few months of travelling.
- And what to try for sure in Canada is Poutine, bagels or pancakes.
- If we compare prices with ones from the Czech Republic, Canada is still expensive. But comparing to the USA it is cheaper, mainly thanks to the rate of exchange. And in the supermarkets or markets groceries can be bought relatively cheap.
- British and French influence is apparent in architecture.
- Everywhere were clean streets and the nature seemed to be beautiful at least outside the bus because we unfortunately weren’t able to explore there any National Park because we were limited.
« Back to collection
Tento příspěvek je také k dispozici v jazyce: Czech